The Great Southern Wine Producers’ Association (GSWPA) began its life as the Mount Barker Frankland River Wine Producers’ Association in 1973.
The GSWPA has operated under a board of management structure since 2005, replacing the series of committees that previously managed the Association.
Board members are an innovative group of focused wine professionals who work together to further the aspirations of our region.
2012/13 Board Members
|Vice Chairman||Joanne Bradbury||3drops|
|Andries Mostert||Willoughby Park|
Objects of the GSWPA
- Promote the excellence of Great Southern wines to the public
- Promote the trade of Great Southern wines on a regional, national and international level
- Encourage and foster the diversity and quality that the Great Southern offers as a wine tourism destination
- Promote and participate in joint initiatives between members in achieving the objects of the Association
- Forge close links with other organisations to further the objects of the Association, including but not limited to regional food, accommodation, and tourism groups
- Encourage the dissemination and uptake of technical and marketing information to enhance the performance of the Great Southern wine industry
- Raise money and accept donations to be put towards achieving the objects of the Association including receiving and applying monies from members, sponsors, governments, and other like institutions
- Raise and donate monies to assist any other not for profit charitable institution whether incorporated or not.
To contact the Association, please see the contact page.